LilySlim Exercise days tickers

Jan 17, 2012

Burn More Fat Workout Plan from RealAge

What an energizing way to start the day!  There's my usual morning walk going to the office of course. If I were to trust the accuracy of the Pokewalker, then that's already 500 steps.  When I'm all settled in the office, I reached out for my occasionally used dumbbells. I have brought those in the office long time ago since they just gather dust at home. I figured I could do some exercises with those when I'm not that busy, which is almost always the case early in the morning. I also brought out the printed copy of the Burn More Fat Workout Plan I got from RealAge.  



The exercises look easy enough on paper.  Doing those is another thing.  I just picked those that I can do while standing or sitting up.  I can't possibly lie on the office floor hahaha!  Oh, the crunches, I have tried last night.  If you would take a look at the routine, there are a number of repetitions you have to perform.  I mostly did only half of what's in the plan.  I just thought I needed to start it easy to be able to do this on the following days.  Here's the routine I did this morning:



  • Swimming Shoulder Rolls 
  • Shrugs
  • Lateral Raises
  • Rotator-Cuff Lifts
  • Shoulder Presses
  • Hug Yourself Shoulder Stretch
  • Bent Over Row
  • Triceps Kickbacks
  • Side Dips
  • Vogue Triceps Stretch
  • Ballet Stretch
  • Ballet Squats (love this)
  • Side Leg Lifts
  • Seated Hamstring Stretch (the best!)

I did all that in 20 minutes.  The crunches and the rest took me probably 10 minutes last night.  How do I feel about it?  Well, as I'm doing each move, it was easy at the start but as you go through the reps, I could feel the burn.  It felt great after.  I felt energized.  Sure beats sitting around like a potato.

By the way, go easy on the weights.  My dumbbells are just three pounds (the violet one) and five pounds (the green one).  If you find you are straining yourself too much, choose the lighter weights.  We're not trying to be bodybuilders here.  These are just toning and strengthening exercises and you don't do this everyday.  Give your body a day or two to recover then have a go at it again.

Want to give it a try?  Let's get going!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I tried doing Yoga middle of last year when I had to stop Tai Chi classes for a while. I don't think I am that flexible anymore to do the Yoga poses.

      Delete
  2. I love ballet squats too. But why do all of those at once?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying out workout routines. I figured I could start with this one, along with walking. I don't mean to do this everyday as I need to give the muscles time to recover. I only do enough reps for each one. Don't worry, I'm still in fine condition lol! No cramps or aching muscles yet. :-)

      Delete
  3. Haha I've gained lots of weights because of lack of physical activities. I think I can do some of those exercises for the start.. Geez.. I felt I have to do this because "moving" seems to be getting harder.

    Anyway have you heard about Zumba?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis